Asperger Mouse

The daily adventure of parenting a child with Asperger Disorder.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Hi there!

I have a son, now 8 years old and in third grade, who was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome when he was 6. I've been trying to decide how best to educate people about AS, and I decided to try a blog about our experiences with our son. Since our son often pretends to be a baby mouse, I decided to post as Mommy Mouse, and will refer to our son as Mouse. We also have a nearly two year old son, who I will refer to as Brother Mouse. And of course, there is Daddy Mouse, who I hope will post as well.

My posts will include Mouse's story from before he was born, as well as what is going on in our lives today. I hope that families who have a child with AS or another Autistic Spectrum Disorder will see that there are other families out there struggling with the same problems. I also hope that people not familiar with the disorder, as well as people who work with AS kids, will get some insight into the daily life of a family with an AS kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home