Asperger Mouse

The daily adventure of parenting a child with Asperger Disorder.

Monday, February 13, 2006

New Program for AS in Alabama

I was reading an article on the local NPR station website, WBHM , when I noticed an article on the sidebar, Asperger's Syndrome: The Kids. I immediately read the article, which mentions a new program in Birmingham, Alabama, for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, called Mitchells Place. It has an early learning program, an after-school program, a summer program, and a multidisciplinary team to work with the children. It sounds wonderful, and my husband and I are going to look into it for our Baby Mouse. It is so much closer than Auburn University Autism Center, which makes it feasible since we could actually drive there daily rather than have to stay in a hotel. I just hope that Baby Mouse gets approved for SSI and Medicaid soon so that we can afford to send him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home