Asperger Mouse

The daily adventure of parenting a child with Asperger Disorder.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mother's Day


Ian, JoAnne, and Joey after church


This is how I spent Mother's Day:


I went to church, and taught Sunday School. I printed out a "handprint poem" with a pretty floral border, and had the kids put a hand in paint and put it next to the poem. They turned out nicely. Here are the one's I made for the boys:









My Handprint


Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls
But everyday I'm growing big
And soon I'll be very tall
Then all my little handprints
Will be hard to recall
So here's a special handprint
Just so that you can say
this is how my fingers looked
when I placed them here today.


During the worship service, the children passed out flowers to all the mothers present. Ian was too shy to get up in front of everyone, so his classmate Gina gave me a flower. After church, we took a flower and cards to my Mom, and to my husband's great-aunt, to whom my older son is very close. We went to lunch at Red Lobster, a combination Mother's Day/ Ian's birthday celebration, because that's where Ian wanted to eat. We came home, and I took a nap while Joey took his. When I got up, I went to the store to pick up a few things for Mom. Came home, fed everyone, gave baths, and put the boys to bed. Then I folded clothes and loaded the dishwasher. Finally got a chance to get online around 11 PM.


Mom gave us a scare last night. I had gone to the store with Ian, and when we came back, my husband looked really frustrated. While we were gone, my Mom called and told Greg that she had fallen and injured her head and maybe her hip, and she wanted to know if she needed to go to the hospital. He went to check on her, and he told her that she should go, but she wanted to wait until the home health care nurse called to make sure she needed to go. She gave our phone number instead of hers to the answering service, and Greg had to wait for them to call to give them Mom's number. He had a hard time finding Mom's number, and Joey was being a maniac, so by the time I got home, he was almost in a panic. My father-in-law generously offered to take Mom to the hospital. I don't know what we'd do without him. Fortunately she didn't break her hip, only chipped the bone, and has a small hole in her temple. She's getting more and more feeble, and it won't be long until she has to go into a nursing home. I really dread that, because she's such a fiercely independent person.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    itis a nie and beautifull poem to express the feelings of being a child.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that it was a great mothers day poem and I might just do that for my mother this mothers day! Where did you come up with that idea anyway? Have a great mothers day this year in 2007 I know I will have so much fun giving my mom her mothers day gift and seeing her face!!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks,
    Bye Bye!!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home